Friday, October 19, 2012

Battle....


I’m not gonna get in the ring with you tonight
I know you made me and you have the right

But you just squeezed the very last drop of fight
From your girl who can no longer stand in your light

 
Yeah, go ahead and take some more!
Isn’t that what you sent me here for?
To drag me right up to their beautiful faces

And rub my nose in those privileged places

Only to turn me out by my ear
Writhing in pain from my want and my fear
 
While the violins play “Maybe next time, my dear”


Hell yes, I’m angry! And I don’t mind saying
That, tonight I just don’t feel much like praying
And I know that you love me despite how I feel

Sometimes, I just wish that you were not REAL

 
So I could go on feeling bitter self-pity
Without the conviction of being a city
Up high on hill where light can be seen

I just wanna live somewhere safe -  in between

The Heaven and Hell that play catch with my soul

And inquire with knives “Are you half?  Are you whole?”

 
But you love me too much and you won’t let me go
And somehow I lift up my face and I know
That no matter how I may feel at this moment

I will rise up tomorrow and face my opponent

Staring at me in that ugly dark mirror

And your face will shine through, even brighter and clearer

Whispering sweetly “I’ve never been nearer”….


But tonight, you are simply nowhere to be found
I can neither abase, nor can I abound

The best I can do is to utter a sound

From worship’s despair “Once Lost, Now Found”

 
Just another day’s work on life’s battle ground….

 

No comments:

Post a Comment