Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Longing Risen

I was made with a Longing
In my heart
Fierce and beautiful
I wore it proudly
Like pigtails on a little girl
Until
Darkness showed up
And brought the cloud

So I put my precious Longing in a bubble
And promised
I would return for it when it was safe
But the cloud grew
darker with time
Every now and again
Longing wrestled inside of its prison
stirring
disrupting

The cloud didn’t like that!

So it sent a sword through the sky
And angry gusts
carried it away
to a deeper
darker
place
Where no one would
EVER
find it . . .
EVER.

Longing lost its will
in that darkness
and I watched it
sink
out
     of
         sight
         
And yet
The same violent sword
That drove the Longing under
Sliced that cloud
And light shown through the slivers
Leading the way
for the Longing to follow
that light
through swamps and forests
through cemeteries
through mine fields
and mazes
   Rising
      Rising
         Rising

Like a soldier
Rising up to fight for
Freedom
Because she is worth fighting for

The Longing has found its way
and now sits in my throat
And I just know
it will either choke me to death
or BURST into a new song

No comments:

Post a Comment