Thursday, July 28, 2011

A B*TCH Named Shame

Ever since I’ve known you, you’ve been filling up my ears
With insults and convincing lies that bring my soul to tears
You come over uninvited and you sprawl out on my floor
I’m tired of stepping over you to reach my own front door

This house belongs to me and yet I let you drive me out
And stand out in the rain so I don’t have to hear you shout
I’ve looked in from the outside like a vagrant seeking shelter
And watched you vandalizing as my blood began to swelter

And all those raging parties that you threw at my expense
Inviting rapists, liars, thieves and “friends” with ill-intent
They made themselves at home and I, afraid to come inside
Lingered in the yard where all the flowers choked and died

I’ve watched you rearrange each room and I no longer see
The things that made this house a place that felt like home to me
And all these years I’ve stood out on the wrong side of this door
Believing that, without a key, this house is mine no more

But righteous rage came knocking and I saw you load your gun
And I knew then that you were making plans to fight or run
Well sister get your running shoes and put that rifle down
I’m kicking down this door to run this party out of town!

There’ll be no one left standing to protect you from the truth
From there, I’ll drag you up the stairs and throw you from the roof
But not before I mark you so that all will know your name
“Here lies a double-crossing B*TCH, but you can call her SHAME.”



by Karen Davis King

1 comment:

  1. AAAHHHH!!!! i cannot tell you enough how THRILLED i am that you are finally sharing your voice with the world!!!! i know sometimes writing poetry is like letting the world read your diary, so i just want to say how PROUD i am of you girl!!! i cannot wait to read all the stuff you're gonna post in the future!! this poem for instance...you have yet again...brought me to tears. i think that is one of your hidden talents :P ok, so i didn't have a REAL comment on this particular poem, i just wanted to be the first to say...YOU TOTALLY ROCK WOMAN!!! I LOVE YOU SISTAT!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete